20.10.10

To abandon the abundance

Word plays are often the starting point for thinking: they activate your brain cells by showing connections. And connections are exactly the things the human brain is constantly trying to construct. Precisely because of that many, if not most (if not all...) arguments and theories trying to solve some difficult puzzle end up being nothing but trapped in a play of words that seems to refer to something true.

So why not start with a word play: putting two words together that have a similar sound yet seem to mean something else. I do not do this because I thought there is meaning behind these two words, and I did not start this for the sake of finding some truth behind the connection. All the while, though, I must confess I felt immediately appealed to this interplay of these two words. Why? Could it be for something else but the sole reason that my brain is able to connect some more? Am I fooling myself again by unconsciously hoping for meaning behind the sound? Or will I just put it in as I go?

Well, here I go. To abandon, to leave something alone. An abundance, an overflow, a plenitude, loads of something. Of what? Of something which is abandoned. The abundance: a specific plenitude, or exactly the opposite: all that is an abundance. Yes! To abandon all that is an abundance, means to get rid of all overflows. Perhaps it leads to a peace (not a piece) of mind. What is "peace of mind" (Boston would like to know that as well, by the way)? Is this peace in the brain the absence of activity, pausing from making connections? Or is it the opposite, feeling like you get things connected and enjoying your grasp? And after all, when your brain is not making connections, doesn't that equal you being dead?

No comments: